Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!

I just wanted to wish all of my Love in Liberia friends a very Merry Christmas! I hope that you spent your day with loved ones, and that you were able to pause for a minute to reflect on Christ's birth. I spent my day with my family. Our traditional Christmas morning casserole for breakfast, my sister playing 'gift fairy' as we opened our gifts, a big Christmas lunch, lounging around, game playing, driving around to look at Christmas lights, and it's midnight and I'm still in my pjs! I savor the time where all of my family is together--it doesn't happen often enough. Time spent together, with no agenda or plans and there's no place to be...it's wonderful!

Anyway, blessings to you and your family! I love you all and I am so grateful for each of you--for your prayers, love, support, and just for reading my random thoughts and following me on this journey.
This photos just made my Christmas! It's a picture of Koiboi ("my son") receiving his Christmas gift in Liberia yesterday. I was immediately excited to see how great he looks...and then my heart hurt--I wanted to scoop him up and give him hugs and kisses! And, then I couldn't stop thinking, "look how big and good he looks!" So, from Liberia to Atlanta to you, Merry Christmas!

“For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.”

Isaiah 9:6

No comments: