Saturday, May 7, 2011

Fore!

Last week, we enjoyed a much-needed staycation. I've never had a whole week in Liberia to just relax, curl up with a book or two, sleep and explore. On Wednesday, we made plans to go play golf at Firestone...which usually happens about once a year. Despite the heat, sweat and multiple sunscreen applications, we had a blast! I really enjoy golf, and I think all or most of us decided that we should play more regularly. By the time you rent clubs and pay a caddy, green keeper and ball-spotter, it ends up being about $15 (Green fees: weekday $5, weekend $10. Closed on Mondays.). The best part is that you can be absolutely horrible and wear whatever you want (ever golfed in Chacos in the States?! I think not!) and you're still allowed on the course! We played 9 holes in about 3 hours and 15 minutes...which is much better than the last time, which took more than 5 hours! This was only my 3rd time playing golf and I shot 69 on a par 34 course (9 holes), haha. My strategy included hitting the ball in the trees so that you could play in the shade! My strength getting distance and height, and I really should work on my putting! Anyway, here are a few photos from our golfing day at Firestone.

No comments: