Saturday, December 6, 2008

Gifty Update


First of all, thank you all for all of your prayers!


I feel like an update is overdue...so I'll catch you up. Gifty's mom has been in Liberia for more than a week. The past week has been full of running back and forth between the Temple of Justice and the Embassy. We were hoping that Gifty would be able to leave on Friday, but the Embassy still isn't convinced that Gifty is an orphan and doesn't think we have done enough to track down her family members. It's frustrating because of Gifty's medical condition--she's healthy enough today to fly, but who knows when the next respitory infection will creep back into her tiny body. She's looking so good...it's great seeing her out of the hospital, living in a house, taking a bath, eating ALOT, sitting on the floor playing with toys....it all just feels so normal.

The good news is that on the Liberian side of things, Gifty has a new mom! So we just need to keep praying for the US Embassy side of things! And, we need to be praying for all of the medical things once Gifty gets stateside. She can't even be added to the transplant list until she's on US soil. Time is of the essence, but I have to keep reminding myself that it's not about our time, but it's about His time.

I will keep you all updated and let you know when Gifty is finally on her way home!

2 comments:

Jeremy and Kamina Johnson said...

I've been praying for Gifty from the start and will continue until she is home.

Anonymous said...

I have been praying for Gifty daily. I am a member at New Hope. My son was also born in July of 2007 and has the same liver disease. I would love to know where in America she will be living. Thank you for the work you are doing!
Beth