Saturday, February 21, 2009

Back On the Ground

Just wanted to let everyone know that I made it safely back to Liberia! I got in around 8:30pm last night. The flights were pretty uneventful--except by the time I landed in Brussels I was sick (sore throat, stuffy head, etc.) and by the time I landed in Monrovia my left ear was completely plugged up. I only got about 3 hours of sleep last night, so I ended up taking a 3 hour nap this afternoon. I'm hoping to sleep better tonight!

It's been so great being back with everyone! And it was wonderful last night when the generator went off and (after Debbie and I laid in the dark talking for over an hour) I could fall asleep listening to the crickets and waves crashing! I've been very surprised by the weather--not as hot as I was expecting...it's actually been quite comfortable--I woke up almost chilly this morning!

I'm really looking forward to starting the full on tour on Monday and getting to see all of the kids! Thank you all for your prayers and support!

1 comment:

SOOZIEP said...

Hey Ashley,

Glad you're back on the ground. Hope to join you later this year. I know Koiboys hugs must have been extra special and I am sure he was glad to see you. Check your email - you got mail!

In His Service,
Susan