Monday, November 9, 2009

What A Weekend!

First of all, God is awesome! Secondly, thank you to everyone who came out on Friday night! And last of all, thank you to everyone who helped make Friday night such a wonderful experience and a huge success! God did it (DUH, of course He would)!


Over $28,000 was raised!!!!!!
Thank you!

I am humbled and thankful to the more than 350 people who showed up on Friday night to the dinner and silent auction! It was a great night to celebrate all that God has done in the past 2 years through HeartCry's ministry, but also my dream finally came true. I have been dreaming about sharing my heart for Liberia's orphans with my church family, and that happened on Friday night! I shared my heart--I had no planned speech, and didn't mean to cry within the first 30 seconds--and I shared the need--to make a house a home for the children at Gold Child. God moved in people's hearts, and it was just an exciting night! I enjoyed meeting so many new people who were so interested in the plight of Liberia's orphans, and had a blast watching the live auction. The night's big moneymaker was an overnight quail hunting trip with Georgia's Governor, Mr. Sonny Perdue (Thank you Mr. Perdue...you brought in $6,000!), but there were so many items donated by alot of really generous people! I still almost cannot believe that enough money was raised to get the Gold Child kids into their new home! God showed up in a BIG way, and I am so blessed to have the support of so many amazing people! I still need to get the rest of the pictures from the night, but here are a few:

[The ORR table, my awesome kiddo backdrop, just a few of the auction items, the room set up complete, me & my table, and me speaking in front of ALOT of people.]

GOD IS GOOD!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Awesome! I featured you and orphan relief on my blog a bit ago. I have 3 kiddos from Liberia and am excited about what you are doing over there!
Jenny at www.ourplansmultiplied.blogspot.com

Carey said...

WONDERFUL!