Sunday, August 1, 2010

I'm Back!


[Beautiful day in Destin!]
I've been soaking up the sun, sand and surf in Destin, Florida for the past week, and now it's time to get my blog updated. I enjoyed my five days of sitting on the beach under my umbrella reading my book with the waves crashing and the sand between my toes. I have REALLY missed the ocean since I've been home, so I was absolutely loving it--moon boot and all!

In other news, I finally was able to get behind the wheel of a car today! It was the first time I had driven a car since June 25th (the day I broke my foot), and the first time driving on American roads in 6 months. It was wonderful and freeing--but it's back to the land of speed limits, stop signs, traffic lights and laws. Now my only problem is that I need to find a car that I can use while I am home for these few months. If you have a no-fills, dependable spare car that I can putz around town in, let me know!

And in even bigger news, today was my first day of trying to wear a shoe on my broken foot! I used my time in Destin to transition from crutches to strictly moon boot, and today decided to try the shoe. After church and lunch, my foot was ready for a rest....but it was awesome to be able to get round, even though I was slow and hobble-y. It was great to be able to do the 'Liberian church sway' in church today too! I still need to take it easy, and just continue to be aware of the pain, but I am hoping that my foot will continue to heal and I can become more and more mobile!
[Feels great to have my slippers back on BOTH feet!]
Thank you to everyone who has been praying for me and my foot!

No comments: