Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pray for Liberia!

Seeing as how this is little corner of the world wide web is called Love in Liberia, and I keep thinking about how the month of February is centered around love, I tried to think of some catchy little love activity for the month. 

I've learned that sometimes, prayer is the best way that you can love someone.

I have wanted to somehow coordinate an organized prayer time for Liberia for a very long time! You might remember in 2012 when we did the 46 Days of Prayer, leading up to Lent. It was a time to pray for children by name, and people shared stories and emails about how much God was teaching them and challenging them during that prayer time.

Fast forward to 2014. 

I have this sense that God is just getting started. I am hoping to be able to travel to Liberia in March, once the remainder of the funds are donated to pay for the lease on the house (right around $1,500 to go!). Because February is about love, I thought we could come together as an online community, who loves Liberia, and just lift Liberia up to the throne. I feel like this month of prayer will pave the path before me to Liberia and will prepare the way for Red Meets Green's ministry in Liberia.

Every morning, I will be posting a specific prayer point on Red Meets Green's Facebook Page and Twitter Account. If you haven't already liked/followed us, go and do that, and then settle in for ways that you can pray daily for Liberia, the Cooper Beach community and Red Meets Green. 

 And so, for the month of February, I look forward to loving Liberia together as the Body of Christ. I hope that you will join us!

No comments: