Thursday, March 26, 2009

Happy Feet, I've Got Those Happy Feet!

Today I went to Childcare Foundation Orphanage Home to give all of the kids a new pair of shoes! New shoes are exciting because usually we deliver new slippers (flip-flops). So this afternoon, we gathered up all of the kids, gave them all a new pair of socks and then started digging through boxes and bags full of donated shoes to try to find a pair that would fit each child. I've decided--velcro shoes are the best! Everything was under control until people from all around the community started gathering around to see what was going on and children who didn't live there were trying to get in on the shoe giveaway. I'd love to dress the whole community, but we just don't have the resources for that, so we had to tell the people that the shoes were only for the children living in the home. Anyway, here are a few pictures with some happy children with happy feet!

P.S. Thank you to our friends at Mercy Ships, Universal Outreach and the UN for donating today's shoes! If you're interested in helping to build or restock our shoe supply, leave me a message and I'll get in touch with you!
[New socks, waiting for new shoes. New shoes all around!]
[Happy kiddos. My Liberian kiddo (Koiboi) gets cool kicks.]

1 comment:

Carey said...

Count our family in for restocking the shoes.