Friday, March 20, 2009

Today Marks One Month

I can't believe that it's already been one month! My first month here in Liberia has flown by. And, I know, I'm a slacker when it comes to updating the blog. I've had really good intentions to post stories and pictures, but by the time I sit down at the computer at night, I don't have the patience or brain power. But, in celebration of my one month mark, I'm going to make an effort to keep you all updated on things!

For some reason, this week has been full of ridiculous situations. Just within the past 2 days, I have said, "Only in Liberia. This is one for the blog." more than a few times. For instance, last night, I was walking to the beach and this little girl in front of me was walking with, what appeared to be, a dead bat on a string...and, she was swinging it around above her head like a helicopter. Today, thanks to an man, we collectively learned that it would have been better to do a U-turn in the middle of the street and block traffic verses politely turning left onto the driveway of the Executive Mansion to turn around. In my latest run in with the LNP, I argued with a police officer for 30 minutes...apparently it was the car's fault that Cramer was driving without his license, but they wanted him to drive to the police station so they could impound it (uh, hello? remember, the no license thing?) Thank goodness that 3 minutes after they finally let us go, Cramer found his license in his pocket. We could only laugh...T.I.A.

In all seriousness though, things have been going well. Being back 'on the ground' is great. I will be honest and say that I am still struggling though. I'm still searching for that balance and I've been spending alot of time thinking. I feel like I'm on the verge of something good, but I have to trudge through some muck (frustration and doubt) first. You can be praying for me...that I would find my passion and run with it. You can also pray that God would take away all of my frustrations, fears and doubts.

Thank you all for your prayers and support. I promise I will do a much better job of keeping the blog updated!

No comments: