Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Update!

I'm beginning to feel ashamed to show my face around here. It's hard to blog when I'm home--you all don't really care about the happenings on this side of the ocean, do you? Between that, and my mind and heart being all over the map, it's hard to come up with a concise thought to share.

So, I'm begging for mercy. Let's start over. For real, this time, I'm going to start blogging more regularly...whether you want to hear about things on this side of the pond, or not. I just tell myself that you want to hear about America too.

I've been home for almost 3 months now. That's pretty hard to believe! My foot is still healing. It's been hurting alot this past week or so, but I think that's just from over-use and not being able to wear my Chacos. You can be praying for continued healing for my foot, and that my lost suitcase (thanks Delta!) will be found, because it contains my comfy Chacos...along with other important things--like my winter wardrobe.

I spent all of last week in Seattle, Washington with my ORR family (that's the whole gang above!) in our new offices. Everyone is home from Liberia right now, so this was literally the first time in 3 years that everyone has been able to be in the same place at the same time. We had a week of teaching, prayer, worship, hanging out, refocusing, counseling, lots of meals together, plenty of laughter, some sunshine but mostly rain, and a silence and solitude day-trip to Mount Rainier (pictured above). We also said bittersweet goodbyes to two field team members (Matt & Mariel) and three office staffers, but we welcomed three new field team members. God must be up to something, because our family just keeps growing! You can pray for us as we go through this season of changes. Pray for me, as I stay home for a few more months--that I would just soak up this extra time at home and that I would use it constructively and creatively.

Today was the start of a 5-day missions conference at my home church. I got home from Seattle on Sunday and hit the group running to get things together for the conference (um, yea, stayed up until 3am). I'm looking forward to reconnecting with people and connecting with new people, while sharing about Liberia and ORR's ministry. You can be praying for the rest of this week--lots of events, interactions and opportunities.

Now that I've tackled the blog update, it's time to begin my newsletter update--which is LONG overdue! Love you all!

No comments: