Friday, August 22, 2008

New Departure Date

I just changed my ticket, and now I will be leaving for Liberia on Tuesday, September 16th....putting me in Liberia on Wednesday September 17th! The best part is that I got the non-stop from Brussels, and I'm landing at 4:50pm...I've never been able to fly over Liberia in the daytime! So, in celebration, I'm making collard greens for dinner...at the request of my mom! And, I'm sewing new skirts to take back with me (they only hold up so long with a washboard).

25 days to go!!


P.S. I still need the funds for a plane ticket home. If you'd like to support me, and help me make it home for both of my sister's weddings, click the donate button on the right side!

P.S.S. I'm flying standyby from Atlanta to Brussles on the 16th. Pray that there will be an open seat on that flight (as of yesterday, there were still 40-something seats available).
Thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ashley,

Found your blog as I was doing a little research on various ministries in Liberia. My organiztion Pillar of Fire has been working in Liberia since the 1950's and I am new in leadership for its missions programs. You blog captivated me with the music and your writings.

A great need in this world of caring for the orphans. Rick Warren mentioned in his recent Civil Presidentiel Summit with Obama and McCain that there are about 140 million orphans in the world that needs to be a focus of the US's NGO's. We as a church organization has not historically focused on that cause for which I feel burdened. But I am grateful for young people like you who are called to such a purpose at a time like this. God Bless You and I pray that some day that we may meet in Liberia and together care for the orphans.

I pray that you will be home for your sisters weddings. I have donated $50.00 towards your support. Wish I could give more. Rev. Jeff Olszyk
Zarephath, NJ USA