Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I'm Still Alive

Wow! It's been a long time--too long, really.

I haven't posted anything because I wasn't really sure where to begin. My thoughts and feelings have been going in every direction. But, I've finally decided that you just have to begin somewhere! Somewhere is better than nowhere, right?

I've been home for 7 weeks now. The time has flown by. I've spent alot of time with my family and friends, I spent a week and a half at a monastery in Virginia with my ORR family, I've been enjoying all of the 'good' things about being home (good people, good food, good times, etc.), and I've been re-entering the Western world.

I told someone the other day, "I think I'm mostly re-entered". Re-entry this time around has brought up so many thoughts, questions, observations, giggles and just plain confusion. I still relish the phenomenon of the hot shower. Food, of any kind, continues to taste 'so good'. I find myself just watching people, trying to figure out how this 'whole thing' works.

During my time in Virginia, I did alot of praying, reading, writing and thinking. God spoke to me in new and refreshing ways. I heard His voice loud and clear and like never before. I'm really looking forward to sharing some of those things with you! My time is Virginia was also challenging...I came home refreshed and renewed, but also tired and confused. I've spent the weeks since then trying to just lay those things at His feet.

This is the beginning. I just needed to start somewhere.

1 comment:

Elena said...

You've been in my thoughts and prayers a lot lately. I hope you get the wisdom, clarity and guidance that you need. Keep laying the burdens down before the only One who can carry them. Matthew 11:28-30.

Love you, my friend!