Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Oh, Stephen!

I've been going through all of my Liberia pictures....organizing them and getting ready for presentations. I'm coming across so many great pictures--pictures that I took with the intent to use in telling a story on the blog. So, I thought it would be fun to start posting those pictures and the stories. Today's picture is one that I took of Stephen eating his plum.After I took the picture, I noticed something behind his ear. Without saying anything, I put my hand on his head, and turned his head around. This is what I saw....

I couldn't help it...I busted out laughing. I know he's never seen Willy Wonka, so he doesn't know about Violet putting her gum behind her ear to save it for later. I was immediately transported back into time when I was probably 7 or 8 years old. I HAD seen Violet, and thought she was pretty smart. I remember playing outside with my sister and our best friend (Meghan), when I decided to save my gum for later. Unfortunately, I had really long hair, which the gum behind my ear found almost instantly. I have memories of lots peanut butter in my hair and eventually just having to cut a big chunk of my hair off.

Kids are the same everywhere, whether they've seen Willy Wonka or not!

No comments: