Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I Love Delta!

Yesterday I got a heads-up email from my dad that Delta was going to make a big announcement today. I knew a route from Atlanta to Monrovia has been in the works for some time now, and because Ma Ellen is currently in the States, Delta took the opportunity to announce that they will begin service to Monrovia in June 2009 via Sal Island, Cape Verde!

SOOO...for those of you who've been wanting to come and visit me, now is your chance! Especially all of you with Delta connections--hello, good use of a buddy pass?! And, for those of you who say you can't handle the heat...June has the coolest temps!

Anyway, just wanted to let you all know that you have another flight option to Liberia. Delta is finally coming to L.I.B.! I'm hoping they'll run some deals when they open the route, so keep your eyes peeled.

This is a big praise for me, because the biggest expense with me coming to Liberia is the plane ticket. Now I can travel standby with a buddy pass...which will save me more than $1500 for a round-trip! Praise the Lord!

3 comments:

Brandi said...

Whohoo!!!!!!! I am so thrilled. I cried when I read this, seriously!

This is FABULOUS news! I can't wait to see the prices!

Brandi

Jamie and Rusty Laird said...

Good news...but too bad they aren't starting sooner...like January.

Andysbethy said...

I just wanted to say, Hurray! Better late than never, right? I know you have no idea who I am, but Gifty brought me to you, and until God sends me away, I will be a blog follower. And as a fellow Georgian, I am always glad when Delta does something right, especially when it is something I might HOPEFULLY have a use for!