Friday, October 31, 2008

Turn That Frown Upside Down

Whenever I'm in Liberia, I always wonder what the temperature really is. I've never known how hot it's actually gotten...and I've always been curious (Read: What's the hottest temp that I've ever experienced....because I'm sure it's been here in Liberia). So, before I came back, I bought a thermometor/barometer on clearance for about $5.

Now, the best part about the thing is the little man's face...he's either happy or sad, depending on the temp and humidity. I'm unsure what the qualifications are for being happy or sad, but I know that when I was at home, he was always happy...and he's been sad ever since he arrived in Liberia.

I took this pic almost a week ago...it was probably 10am. I've come to the conclusion that as soon as the temp is below 81, it's chilly! If it's below 80, the fleece blanket is almost always required.

And, in case you're wondering, it's been raining all day, and it's 80.1 degrees with 78% relative humidity. No shower and fleece blanket tonight!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I lol'd (what?, that's right I just contracted a web term) when I read the little digital man has been unhappy ever since being in Liberia. If you happen to wake up one day though and his tongue is hanging out with little x's for eyeballs, you should probably worry. Or he caught what you had.

Anonymous said...

I believe this post is just for me!

Ashley said...

This post IS just for you Juju! It's taken me two weeks or more to get this post up; it couldn't go up without the picture! I'll let you know if he ever is happy, but I doubt it will happen.